Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pursuing Passions on the Web

I started a website about spirituality. It was focused on eastern thought and pursuing peace within one's self. I posted a link to another website which offered classes on the matter. I was promptly charged $1500 for my trouble of promoting THEM. I shut it down immediately.

I started a website for the church I attend and offered to attempt to arrange rides for those who wished to attend but had not way. I was promptly told I couldn't offer rides. Outreach was the whole point of the website. So, I shut it down.

In fact, the content I have generated the most with the least complaint is criticism of the government. And I have awaited retribution for that act of civil defiance with a sense of inevitability and trepidation.

I'm confused though. I try to put up positive websites and am shut down. I put up negative websites and am still doing so freely.

Could this be a statement on the values of mankind in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment